Sunday 16 February 2014

Male themed Birthday card using docrafts Creativity Club printables

Well, it's #docraftsmonday (thank you Emma!) and I thought it was about time I got my craft stash out - you forget how good it can make you feel, simply being focused on one thing instead of ten for a change. Here's the result - a birthday card for my Father-in-Law (don't show him this yet Barb!), using the printables I designed for this week's Creativity Club download. There are flowers included in the collection, but I missed those out and converted the patterns into a more masculine card...
 
 
I love layers and dimension so I used lots of 3D foam squares and layers of paper
mounted onto card to created a sense of depth...
 

 
...I wrapped craft string around the card base randomly...
 
 
...and used lots of dark brown dye ink to get a vintage effect.
 

 
The inside of the card echoed the same design as the front...


...and I used red buttons to add that finishing touch!
 
Thank you for looking and don't forget to join in #docraftsmonday!
 
Jill x
 
#docraftsmonday is like a weekly crafty 'show and tell'.
To get involved on Facebook:
On Monday, post a photo on https://www.facebook.com/docrafts of your recent craft project
and add the hashtag #docraftsmonday.

You can see all #docraftsmonday projects by visiting the page and viewing the 'Posts by Others' section, clicking on the #docraftsmonday hashtag, or searching '#docraftsmonday'
in the Facebook search box. When you see a #docraftsmonday project you like,
make sure you comment or give it a Like!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, just popped over for a visit! I'm already a follower of your blog! I love your card, it's a great masculine project for any age!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful male card. Those I always have a hard time with and you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I agree, male card are always difficult, luckily, my brother has a specific interest so it helped a little!

      Delete
  3. This is such a great make, really different, lots of depth and texture. The pop of bright red looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like